Website FT Synthetics
We Make Roofing Safer
The Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring our products and services meet all necessary requirements before they reach our customers. The Quality Manager has overall responsibility for the monitoring and evaluating internal production processes, examining products to determine their quality, and engaging with customers, and gathering product feedback, among other duties.
- Understanding customer expectations of and needs from a product.
- Developing quality control processes.
- Designing product specifications.
- Ensuring products are designed with adherence to legal and safety standards.
- Supervising staff and monitoring production standards.
- Examining the quality of raw materials that are used in production.
- Monitoring and evaluating internal production processes.
- Evaluating the final output of products to determine their quality.
- Rejecting products that fail quality standards.
- Engaging with customers and gathering product feedback.
- Producing statistical reports on quality standards.
- Reporting to leadership on quality standard issues.
- Evaluating product recalls.
- Improving production efficiency and managing waste.
- Experience leading a team
- Bachelor’s degree in a business management, data analysis, or science, Masters degree is preferred
- Professional certification for quality assurance and control managers
- Three to five years of experience in quality control, production, or service management.
- Must have led high performing quality control / assurance teams in manufacturing environment. Construction industry experience an asset.
- Solid experience in compiling and writing reports and carrying out statistical analyses. Advanced MS Office.
- Lean and Six Sigma experience
- ISO 9000 exposure
- Confident about communicating with others, including in situations where they must provide advice or guidance on how to meet quality standards.
What we offer:
- Competitive base salary and group health benefits
- Free on site parking
- Social events with a friendly, diverse team
- Opportunities for training and development
FT Synthetics Inc., – part of GAF, North America’s largest roofing and waterproofing manufacturer – is a fully integrated manufacturer of coated woven fabrics, with a dedicated focus of developing industry-leading new and unique underlayment products designed for the steep slope roofing industry.
FT Synthetics is located at 26977 56 Ave, Langley and consists of the home office and 24/7 manufacturing plant. This location is not serviced by transit, own vehicle or other reliable method of transportation is a requirement.
This opportunity is on-site.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.