Director of Operations
Website FT Synthetics
We Make Roofing Safer
Reporting to the Vice President, the Director of Operations will be responsible for the day-to-day planning, organizing, directing, supervising, systems, and operations. On a strategic level, the Director of Operations will provide leadership for FT operational functions, helping ensure that FT has the right systems and processes in place to achieve its goals while also contributing to the ongoing development and implementation of strategies, policies, and best practices.
The successful applicant will have a track record of managing multiple stakeholders across an organization to drive efficiencies, service delivery effectiveness, and continuous improvement.
- Plans, organizes, directs, and supervises the operations, IT, and facilities management of FT Synthetics.
- Encourages a positive work environment and culture for all employees and ensures the expectations of all our policies and procedures are met.
- Oversees and maintains control of approved budgets and expenditures for all projects in accordance with FT financial control and administrative procedures.
- Oversees major program/project contracts, priorities, schedules, and resource requirements.
- Adaptability: demonstrates a willingness to be flexible, versatile, and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Proficiency with Lean, Six Sigma and TOC principles strategically adapted to FT needs
- Build relationships: establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internal and external to the organization.
- Foster teamwork: work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness and sustainability.
- Lead: motivated self-starter to positively motivate others to achieve results.
- Organize: set priorities, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information, and activities.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in business, operations, or a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of senior management positions with similar organizations
- 10 years of relevant career experience in an operations capacity with a proven track record of successfully implementing change and improving processes and service levels
- Project Management, Change Management or similar certification considered an asset.
- Superior project management, organization, budgeting, and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of facilities management, contract management and procurement.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel) and Dynamics Business central ERP.
- Skills and Abilities with Lean, Six Sigma and TOC manufacturing principles
- Ability to express views and ideas effectively both written and orally.
- Ability to exercise initiative, leadership, and creativity in the role.
- Possess excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate information to a variety of constituents across cultures.
- Possess professional maturity, sensitivity with different cultures, and integrity.
- Operating in 24/7 manufacturing environment an asset.
- Construction industry exposure is a plus
FT Synthetics Inc., – part of GAF, North America’s largest roofing and waterproofing manufacturer – is a fully integrated manufacturer of coated woven fabrics, with a dedicated focus of developing industry-leading new and unique underlayment products designed for the steep slope roofing industry.
FT Synthetics is located at 26977 56 Ave, Langley and consists of home office and 24/7 manufacturing plant.
This opportunity is on-site, Monday to Friday.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.